[Dailydrool] More on Intelligence. . .

Mary Lee Trnka mltrnka at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:16:26 PDT 2009

We recently hired a contractor to remodel our bath.  He had bassets as a child and was immediately was drawn to our bassets, especially the younger one.  He (the contractor) would sit on the floor and invite the dog in his lap, loving on him and baby-talking him.  By the third or fourth day, the dog was waiting at the door by 8:30, looking out the window next to the door.  Some might say the dog was prompted by the activity of the humans inside the house.  However, the contractor said one day he came when we were already gone, and the dog was sitting by the door staring out the window.

Bassets aren't dull - they just choose to engage in activities that will get them what they want!

Mary Lee