[Dailydrool] New parents

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 10 20:35:21 PDT 2009

I think expecting a 6 year old dog and a 12 week old puppy to bond immediately is expecting an awful lot.   Let the puppy be a puppy and let your girl accept him or not at her pace.
She will probably put the pup in his place frequently, he has to learn his manners after all.
Whether she plays and bonds the way you want is iffy.    Our Maggie was always very tolerant of younger dogs but did not necessarily want to play or cuddle with them.  And of course all the pups have to learn Maggie Manners.

Cathy
Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com
www.bassethoundclubofwpa.com