[Dailydrool] new puppy, oler dog

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 22:26:22 PDT 2009

When we brought Buttercup home, almost 3 yrs ago we had 2 mutts, sibling,  Francie atb and Bruno atb.  I was suprised to  that France, the female wanted nothing to do with a puppy.  She curled her lipfrom her throne on the sofa and Buttercup immediately turned her attention to Bruno who growled , showed his teeth but allowed her to cover his embarassed face with puppy kisses and never haemed her once.  He did pin her down a few time when her little shark teeth just got out of hand.  All our effforts to get her to stop we to no avail but Bruno pinned her rather gently and looked at us as if to say, see this is how you do it.  I suspect from the look on his face he thought she was cute even if she was a Class A pest.  Ready for her membership in OEBE.  I would take everybody outside in the backyard and she would follow Francie around at a respectful distance.  The cat would watch her tear around in circles around him with a confounded look, what is it doing? The cats in general found her behavior confusing "No, you pounce on it not run away with it!"  She may have treated Bruno and the cats as walking chew toys and with Bruno a warm and safe body to snuggle next to but Francie, no way.  Evernutlly Francie began to accept her, especially when Francie and Buttercup dug us some live critter that zipped away astonishing everyone.  I suspect Francie and Buttercup would have gotten along but when I brought Francie in for a routine Addison's shot and suggested they check her mouth it turned out she had a huge tumor that burst when biopsyed.  I let her go peacefully, Bruno followed her across the bridge the new year.  They love to romp off leash, Bruno expecially loved jumping in the neighbor's pond so I suspect he has a great time running and splashing with Francie and playing with their brother Vega as they did as pups.  The three of them ate my loveseat and dug a hole in our brand new mattress, thank goodness for duct tape,  Now if I can encourage Beau, who loves to "dig" up the bed would finish the jjob because I would rally like a new bed.  Sus K.Buttercup ( I was never a pest! I am a pwrincess)  Beau (You always try and stop me and complain I ruin you new sheets , 3 so far) Honey (I am a good dog, a very good dog) the clawed one (Puppies are a nuisance but at least they do not grow up to be cats,  GW and Jordy acturally hissed at me ME< LOKI the love cat) and Mickey the cockateil (Mirror, mirro on the wall...)