[Dailydrool] Training a basset

June Davis auntie_em98 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 00:10:51 PDT 2009

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, but have been lurking since the end of June when Dawn at Daphneyland informed me of the drool when I visited while on a vacation to California. Dawn is the most amazing person I have ever met, loved the hounds, and she even let my 10 year old son help her work with the hounds. Will post the video of that later. On to the training of my Cloud. When we first brought Cloud home from animal control, he would not go outside to do his duty. I would take him out, stay outside with him for 10 to 15 minutes, and still he would come in the house and go. I tried taking him out every 2 hours, no dice. I have heard of bell training for things like this, I thought "what do I have to loose, a few bucks in bells". I went, got some bells, strung 4 of them together and hung them by the door. Cloud figured out what the bells were for before I even had them tied up. As soon as I hung them he rang them, and I promptly took him out, the rest as they say is history. We still use them, Oct. 19 will be his 1 year gottcha day. I have only one houndie at this time, but am hoping to get a few more or maybe a foster or two. Drool to all in need.
June foodslave to Cloud
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T