[Dailydrool] Annie's long porridge ears

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Tue Aug 11 09:51:35 PDT 2009

When our son Scott was 7, he "invented" Kezzy's Ear Tie, designed to
keep basset ears clean and food-free.
It was a flannel-covered band of loose elastic, with velcro tabs at
each end and in the center. At mealtime, he would loop each end around
a Kezzy ear, and then squeeze the velcros. The band held them up and
away from her face.
Kezzy posed for some photos of Ear Tie in Action for Scott's
Inventor's Fair poster. He did not win, as I recall, but we sure did;
Kezzy never minded wearing her little headband. It looked almost like
she had pigtails. She was  such a great dog.

Linda, with Otis and Nellybelly