[Dailydrool] Different Breeds

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Thu Aug 13 13:03:23 PDT 2009

I walk Pearl (3 year old basset..CH Candyland Poor Pitiful Pearl) and Thelma
Lu (rescued Bloodhound 7 months old) three miles every morning (weather
permitting). Thelma takes a swim along the way (Pearl doens't like getting
her feet wet) and we usually stop at my friend's house and they have a play
date on her BIG deck with the two Spinone Italianos there. Pearl usually
just "coaches" the play time and rests up for the walk home. Still...even
after all that, they come home and romp and play for another half hour
before they crash. The only problem with walking a dog that has two inch
legs with a dog that has LEGS is that they don't move at the same pace. I
often feel I'm a member of the Yankers and Anchors Club :o)

Melissa
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org