[Dailydrool] Sophie & Nancy

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Fri Aug 14 07:48:49 PDT 2009

It's hard to believe that it's been 2 weeks since Janna from North Texas brought the girls down to San Antonio to me.
They are both doing well considering the conditions they were living in up to July 7th of this year.

Dawn has put together a page for the girls and used a photo that Janna took of Nancy 2 weeks ago.  This is after
3 weeks of being in the care of a Vet and getting food on a regular basis.  I can't even imagine what this poor girl looked like when she was rescued.  I've managed to put a few pounds on her in the time she's been here :)

http://www.firstgiving.com/texasbassetfosters

It's a good thing that we haven't been getting much rain in Texas b/c both girls are made of sugar and won't go out while it's raining.  We finally got about an inch of rain on Wednesday and Nancy curled up in the corner of her crate and hid her face.  Sophie went to the door, but wouldn't put a paw out.  Holly stood in the middle of the yard and gave herself a bath, she loves the warm rain.

The rain stopped around 9pm and the girls finally went out.  Nancy had not been outside for 12 hours and did NOT go in her crate or in the kitchen.  And Sophie didn't have any accidents either.  Both are 1000% house trained.

I'm probably the only person in Texas that doesn't want rain, not until the girls are safely on their way to California.
Now that Dawn is back she will be working on getting the girls transported to her.  Anyone that can help or has any suggestions please email Dawn at Basset911 at aol.com

The girls are having a visitor tomorrow.  One of the volunteers from North Texas that participated in the puppy mill raid is coming down to see the girls.  Stacy actually helped get Sophie & Nancy out and can't wait to see how they look now.  It's been 5 weeks since she has seen them, so she should be quite pleased with how they have changed.

Suz
Holly Noelle - someone new to BAROO at, bring ear plugs
Sophie - a visitor for mememe??
Nancy - do I have to come out of my crate?
Pw Gina Marie ATB
Forever in my Heart