[Dailydrool] bassets, noses and glaucoma

Reed and Becky Pomeroy rebec at execpc.com
Fri Aug 14 08:48:40 PDT 2009

I must agree wholeheartedly that bassets navigate their world with their
noses,not their eyes, and they subsequantly adapt veery rapidly and well
to blindness.  Many years ago when our pet store basset went blind
with little or not ill effects, our vet told us it is not universal in
dogs.  He had an Old English Sheepdog client who went blind and was
nearly helpless.  My niece's siberian Husky recently lost an eye to
glaucoma - I need to remind m yself to tell he that Kiya may not adapt as
easily as our hounds.

crazy basset lady
MAKE DROOL NOT WAR

Please take time to visit these websites:
Rebec Bassets
at
www.rebecbassets.com
Basset Buddies Rescue, Inc. at