[Dailydrool] Tramadol

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 16 17:46:19 PDT 2009

Sorry to hear your little Daisy girl got sick on the tramadol.  That's no fun for anybody.

We had Pelly on it for a while after his back surgery last summer, but in tablet form.  My biggest challenge with it was getting it down his gullet...we went through cheese, cream cheese, meatballs, marshmallows, peanut butter, and just plain old butter without a lot of  success, so I ended up just sticking my hand down his throat, clamping his mouth shut, and blowing on his nose.  Once he swallowed, we had success, and he was comfortable with it.  I did feed it to him with a full meal, so that may be a key, too.

Yes, even in tablet form it tastes terrible...I take it myself for my own arthritic back, and have gotten it on my tongue before I've gotten the water, and it is pretty nasty stuff.  It doesn't really work on me, but it did on Pelly, so I guess it just depends on the individual.

Good luck with an alternative drug.  Feel-better drool coming to Daisy from the Basselope Crew here!

Lisa Metzler

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX   toppogigio at yahoo.com     "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum     "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney