[Dailydrool] Browser's Glaucoma

Sally K. Russell sally at slokr.com
Mon Aug 17 17:38:10 PDT 2009

Browser went back to the opthamologist vet today and his optic nerve which had been slightly afftected is back to normal from 3 days ago. His retina never had been damaged which our vet said can be with reduced blood flow to the area.  Our vet feels that he should have some sight remaining but we have no way of knowing.  He is bumping into things much less but since bassets do so much by smell, we don't know if he is using his sight.  She wants to give it some more time to decide if she should put in the shunt as she will only do that if we can establish that he has vision.

Anyone have experience along this line?

Sally. Pixel and Browser