[Dailydrool] barking and de-barking

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Mon Aug 17 17:37:16 PDT 2009

Our Sweet Ol' Sarah has a shrill, fingernails-on-the-blackboard bark, and we carry around a shake-can (empty Coke can with a few pennies, duct-taped shut), so we can "shake" her out of her barking. We feel bad when we do that, because it preys on her nervousness.  But, then, her barking preys on OUR nervousness.  Even though Frank outweighs Sarah by 10 pounds and his bark is much BIGGER, it's not nearly as grating.

Here's a link to a teeny video I took today that shows what I mean. I have to say I can understand why some people are forced to have their doggies "de-barked". If we lived in close quarters to anyone else, they would definitely have the right to complain, since she barks loudly and often. (Dear Sar-Bear, we still love you, but not everyone would ...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78einIfUQHo

Nancy, and Sweet Ol' Shreikin' Sarah, and Frank the Bellowing Tank