[Dailydrool] Honey and Hector

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:16:29 PDT 2009

re: barking.  Hector, of our 4 (now 3), has the loudest, shrillest,
most teeth-rattling bark I've ever heard, and I've fostered dozens of
bassets in my day, so feel I have some experience in this area.  If he
gets into a barking fit, the monitor on my computer will, literally
and actually, shimmy a little with each bark.  I guess it's jsut the
right pitch, or megahertz frequency, or something.  It completely
shatters your train of thought; all your thoughts run shrieling into
the far recesses of your brain, trying to hide from the racket!

THe other three,and most fosters' barks, don't bother me nearly as
much.  This is why we call him HEctor TVL.  Luckily for the neighbors,
he likes to do most of barking inside.  Luckily for us, the old squirt
bottle can usually get him to hush if he gets on a barking jag.  (Now
that he's 9, he does it *slightly* less often, thank dawg).

Honey was beautiful!  Gosh, she had some major-length ears, didn't she?
=========