[Dailydrool] Kelvin's latest

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 12:49:19 PDT 2009

Well,
Kelvin had his latest blood work for the CRF today. His numbers are
down!!!!! Last month was 60 BUN and 1.5 Creatinine (Normal is 25 or
below on the BUN and 1.4 or lower on the creatinine on this test
equipment). Today is was 35 on the BUN and 1.4 on the creatinine!!!!!

He doesn't have to have blood work again for 2 MONTHS!!!!! We've been
pulling blood every month since February. This last food combo/recipe
hit the spot, even the vet was impressed. He took down my recipe for
other CRF patients with a request if they need help if I would accept a
call from them. I said yes of course, I'm already the on call advice
person for feline diabetes anyway.

He has decided to act like a basset over the last few weeks, instead of
a 50 pound cat like he has for 9 months now.  He's running around
outside, racing with Curie (trying to catch this on video) and doing the
play hop thing with Sally.  He seems to get a kick out of the fact that
she can't see him do this and just 'stares' at him instead of reacting
like most dogs do.  It's funny to watch.  He found the litter boxes, if
you don't know what comes next we need to educate you a little more, and
every time I even have my head turned for a second, he's sneaking back
there for a snack attempt.  Though after we figured out what he was
doing there are 2 gates he must now figure a way to get past before he
can get to the boxes.  Sneaky little weasel isn't he?  And he smells
like cat poo now.  2 baths and a tooth brushing haven't helped much.
Yechk....
We've not been letting him have too many treats or chews or anything due
to his BUN numbers all over the place but the vet ok'ed plain rawhide
today, no bully sticks (he'd never heard of them!) but it's better than
nothing.

Carmen and herd