[Dailydrool] snoods

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 17:00:22 PDT 2009

Been following the thread about keeping Basset ears clean while they eat with interest.  My "kids" both get the wet Flint River Dry Water all over their ears.  After trying several different bowls I have given up on finding one to keep them dry and just settled on flat soup bowls (Jewel Tea Autumn Leaf pattern) and then I use the "grandkid method" of cleaning up the pups. (the snood struck me as too much effort at the end of a long day) So, I take the dish cloth, dip it in warm water and wipe off the ends of each ear...wipe up the mess on the floor...then wash the soup dishes...clean dogs...clean floor...clean dishes in one fell swoope. Little did I know as I wiped faces, hands, table and floor with the grandkids I was practicing for being the Grandma Basset Maid.
Snooters,
Maggie Honnold
Hollyberry (but Ma, I want to lick Noah's ears!)
Noah (please, keep that little pests tongue off of my ears)