[Dailydrool] snoods

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 04:15:48 PDT 2009

Snoods are actually used not to keep ears warm but to keep them clean. It is
amazing the amount of crud a Basset can amass on his ears between the
grooming table and the show ring. Snoods are also used to keep Afghan ears
from tangling, ditto Springer ears (and keep them clean.) At a show, the
Basset ears are the first thing I clean and at the ring the snood is the
last thing to come off JUST as you are called in.
Google
dog snood
Altho there are any number of rescues that sell perfectly gorgeous snoods.
There are cotton ones that are very plain, then there are the ones with
satin and sequins. The thing that never fails to amaze me about snoods is
that all my Bassets have accepted them without comment-- no trying to rub
them off or back away. Just another fact of Basset life. You may be able to
find one at a medium sized dog show as well, and it is a lot more fun than
ordering from a catalog.

MomPerson who owns more snoods than crates.