[Dailydrool] dairy stuff

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:34:55 PDT 2009

I think the ability to digest milk and milk product varies from dog to dog
as it does from human to human. My first Belgian loved McD's Vanilla shakes,
not that he ever got all of one. When I first got my ulcer all I could eat
was McD's shakes, which made me wonder how much milk product is in them-- I
began to suspect they were made primarily of Barium (I am kidding, but...),
since the Barium series I had to do settled the ulcer right down.

Anyway the first Basset was so sensitive that a tiny dish of ice cream given
as a reward for finding our lost kitten resulted in an extended hospital
stay.

As a rule mine do not get dairy product except for cheese and occasionally
yogurt. Cooper would rather die than eat Yogurt but will kill for cheese.
I can eat cheese and yogurt (which I do not like) but drinking milk is out
of the question and ice cream irritates my throat tremendously. I have to
have a glass of water with it or else I am coughing and hacking for hours
afterwards, plus it makes me very very thirsty.

I do not consider myself lactose intolerant, just lactose annoyed. I try not
to give the dogs ice cream or milk. Puppies digest Goat's milk easier than
cow's milk.
BABBLEBABBLEBABBLEBABBLE.
Good morning,everyone. (it is 5:30)