[Dailydrool] The 2 seniors weigh in on my cooking :)

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Sun Aug 23 11:19:36 PDT 2009

Just recently someone posted that rescued Hounds will eat anything put down in front of them.  I'm here to tell you that my 2 seniors disagree with that statement.  These 2 girls (along with a lot of others) were left in a pasture with no food or water, don't know for how long.  Some of them ate dirt to stay alive.  I found this out when I was discussing their teeth with someone.  Apparently when a Vet checked some of their teeth they found a lot of dirt and this was the reason they came up with.  Now to the funny part of this story............

The girls are still getting oatmeal on top of the California Natural kibble.  This morning when I made their oatmeal it was not as watered down as usual.  Sophie, the one who loves everyone, ate all her oatmeal, but left her kibble. Nancy, who is still afraid to come out of her crate most of the time, spit out every bit of oatmeal.....all over my kitchen floor.  And then she flipped her bowl and pushed it under my kitchen table.  She did eat every piece of kibble though :)

Doesn't say much for my ability to make oatmeal....LOL

Suz
Holly Noelle - I would have eaten it
Sophie - I ate my oatmeal
Nancy - Can someone tell her how to do this right?