[Dailydrool] Poor Holly is having a bad day

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 15:58:15 PDT 2009

My little Holly the Dolly has very severe outdoor allergies to lots of
different pollens and things.  One of the things she's very allergic to is
grass, which had been dormant here in Texas for a while, but is back in the
pollen count again.  Okay, so here's what happened - the man who mows the
yard came last Wednesday afternoon and mowed.  Wednesday evening I gave all
of the girls chew bones -- I buy marrow bones from the local butcher shop
for the dogs, they really love them.  We all go in the backyard and I sit
with the kitties while the girls chew their bones.  Each of the girls takes
her bone and goes out into the FRESHLY MOWED grass and lays down and chews
and chews for at least an hour.  And Holly came into the house and started
rubbing her face on the carpet and she hasn't stopped since.  She's actually
rubbed a nasty raw spot on one side of her face, and she still keeps itching
and rubbing it, so it's getting nastier.  So I went to Petco and bought one
of those soft cone things today, and she has it on right now.      Now, I
have to say first of all, it's working, she can't rub or scratch her sore
spot.  She also can't get out the door or the pet door without help, and
she's giving me that pathetic look - you know, the one that says "how could
you do this to me???" - and I wish you could see what happened a few minutes
ago.  Peeper the cat comes in and gets a nibble, then comes back into the
sunroom where we all are to go back outside.  Then he sees Holly.  He stops,
does a double-take, gets a little closer so he can see better, and just
stands there and stares at her.  And stares.and looks at the pet door.and
stares at Holly.and looks at me.and stares at Holly.and looks at me, then
Holly, on and on, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.  It was so funny I
was cackling out loud.  Poor Holly.  -----  Dis be Holly da Dolly -  I WUD
RUN AWAY FRUM HOME, BUT I BE TOO HOOMILITATED TO BE SEEN IN PUBLIK.  HELP!!!
HELP!!!

Anita Woodrum with Almost Elder Gracie, Hoomilitated Holly the Dolly, Sweet
Annie, and all the Evil Kitties

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net