[Dailydrool] Help With Indiana Transport

Melissa mibassetrescue at att.net
Sun Aug 23 19:01:11 PDT 2009

Hi. I also feel the need to "set the record straight".  These two bassets
WERE in foster care with the shelter.  They are now in the shelter and
HEARTWORM POSITIVE which puts them in the "unadoptable" catagory.  We will
take them in and treat them (even though Indiana is not our "territory") We
feel we have to help these two since no one else will. They recieved
vaccines and Heartworm testing and the shelter is asking $30 per dog to
cover their expenses ...not $60...(that's a bargain!). We have NO problem
with that. We'll happily pay the 60 bucks to get these two into our hands.

Just an FYI: The owners of these two bassets WERE contacted and their
response was that they wouldn't pay the pull fee either: "I'm not going to
pay you to get my own f**^^k*^** dogs!!!". They wouldn't tell the shelter
the dogs' names either..SO it all comes down to the payment of the shelter
fees as to weather these two basset live or die.... The owners won't pay it
and neither will another basset rescue.....we're happy to pay it. Not only
does it save these two but it establishes a good rapport between MBR and
this shelter... the KEY to saving lives !!

We always try our best to keep shelters happy and on our side...it SAVES
bassets to have that policy. The reality is: shelters are strapped for
needed funds too. We have no problem paying their fees if it saves a basset.
.. 99% of the time it actually saves US money to pay THEM! Even if the pull
fee was $60 as Carol stated, we'd gladly pay it to give these two a second
chance.

Don't all rescues pay shelter fees to pull dogs?? We have never questioned
it since we want them on OUR SIDE.
Melissa
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets