[Dailydrool] Barney needs some drool

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 18:03:32 PDT 2009

HI all, sorry we've been a bit out of touch. With losing Mango and my job in the same week, it's been a little crazy. I'm making lots of phone calls, sending out CVs, have a couple of interviews coming up in the next couple of weeks, and working to get the house fixed up so when the time comes to move and put it on the market it will be ready to go. I do read and we are sending drool when called for...

Anyway, Barney started kicking his left hind leg today. He was walking around like Thumper the rabbit. He'd do it 6-5 times and stop, then after a while do it again. Happened when he was walking, standing, laying down....seems to have settled down some, but tonight I felt a mass in the left lower abdomen again. WIth his spleen gone, it's a lymph node, or something off of the kidney, bladder or colon. I'll be calling the vet tomorrow to set up another ultrasound for him. I'm wondering if it is a tumor and pressing on the nerves to his leg causing pain or a spasm. I hope I'm just imagining it, and all is well. At first, I just thought he was trying to scratch and walk at the same time, but when it happened several times I started to wonder if anything was wrong. Now, feeling this, I'm more worried. I won't put him through another surgery. When we took his spleen out, we knew there were mets, so it won't cure him. He still dances for his meals, loves his belly rubs, and acts like his normal self, but he is a very stoic boy too. I hate to think he may have been in pain without my knowing and doing something about it.

So we could use some drool that it was just a funny leg twitch, and no more cancer drool if some can be spared. Bud is getting very weak in his back end too, so I'm trying to watch both the old men and make sure they keep up and around and safe. I hope to get both of them to Woofstock in a few weeks.

Thanks!
Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney (there is a hitch in my giddy-up), Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl
Ace, Maya, Sage, Kirby