[Dailydrool] this and that

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Aug 26 14:56:34 PDT 2009

I loved the informative post about holistic vet/new surgical
procedures. This is one reason the DD is such a great source of info.
Our Otis is not doing great. His glaucoma is evil and harrassing him
-- he is fine one evening and wakes up at 630 am with an evil-looking
eye (do not know how to describe it exactly), indicating pain and a
pressure spike -- thousands of little houndy rods and cones vaporizing
at the back of his eye. His right eye -- already blind-- has begun to
have pressure again too since the intravitreal injection didn't
totally work. The other eye is beginning to have some pressure ups and
downs, and we are now on the 2x/day drops regimens.
Nellybelly, meanwhile, appears to have developed urine crystals, needs
a special diet, and may need xrays for possible stones.
UGH.
But their coats are soft as silk these days. Do other droolers find
their dogs' coats change in roughness/softness from time to time? It
does not seem to have anything to do with timing of baths, shampoos,
weather or food. Love those houndies.
Linda with Otis and Nelly