[Dailydrool] menu ideas for Maggie

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Aug 26 15:01:24 PDT 2009

Maggie was back at the vet today and the 2nd course of antibiotics did nothing to reduce her UTI.   We are now waiting for the results of a culture before another course.
The vet mentioned using one of those horrid Hill's Kidney Disease Food or even Purinea's version of the same thing.   they are both around 11 % protein.   There seems to be some conflict regarding protein and a dog with Kidney disease from the reading I've done.

Question?  Does anyone have a nice home made recipe that is lower then the 20-25% protein that Maggie is now eating.

I just can't bring myself to feed her a bag full of corn and other grains.

Thanks
Cathy

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com