[Dailydrool] Need a new vet in Kane County, IL

Heather Lessely heather.lessely at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 08:47:25 PDT 2009

Hi All
Its been forever since I've posted, and I'm really behind. But I am so frustrated with my veterinarian right now, I'm seeing red. My Bailey has an ear infection - the same one that she gets twice a year that requires daily cleaning with a medicted ear wash and Otomax. An occasional prednisone when it gets really bad. I have been dealing with this for her whole life. I just called my vet and asked him if he could just give me refills on these, as I have just started back to work after almost 6 months of being laid off. I can't pay for his "exam" which always includes an oto scope and labs and which I always leave $300 or more lighter after. He won't give me the otomax. He wouldn't even give me the ear wash  until I put up a stink. AARGH! I asked if they would let me make payments - nope. I have been to his office sometimes once a week with my three dogs, Sean's Mishu and my two cats. I have never not paid in full. I'm furious that he's being such a jerk.
 Its so weird that the cost of care here is so much higher than when I lived in Cook County (right outside Chicago) and even in Irvine, CA...

Anyway - I'm looking for a vet that is reasonable and basset friendly in or near Kane/Dupage Counties in IL - Please copy my private email too. Thanks guys!

Heather
Pw. Wendell W. Bottom, OEBE Viceroy, Bailey Mackenzie, OEBE Evil Enchantress, and Probert BABES Pugilist