[Dailydrool] Daphneyland update - 11AM Monday

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Mon Aug 31 11:46:44 PDT 2009

Just got off the phone with Dawn.  The fire is getting closer, but they are not under mandatory evacuation as of now.
They are ready to go on a minutes notice.  Dawn said it is hard to tell how much closer it is during the day b/c of all the smoke.  In the evening you can judge the distance better b/c you can see the fire itself.

One of Daphneyland's volunteers has opened a FirstGiving page and has also posted on Craiglist for volunteers in the Tarzana area in case of evacuation.

http://www.firstgiving.com/ActonFire_BassetRescueNetwork

Even if the manage to not have to evacuate they will still need funds for eye wash, eye drops, and new toys....just to mention a few things off the top of my head.  All the stuffies that were in the yard have to be disposed off, not b/c of the smoke, but b/c many of them have holes from hot ashes that have fallen on them.  And we all know that the Hounds would just pull out the stuffing and eat it :)

Here is the link to sign up to volunteer in case of evacuation.  This is for the Tarzana area, about 50 miles south of the ranch.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/pet/1351578343.html

Dawn has asked me to thank everyone for their concern.  And please keep the drool and prayers coming!!

Suz