[Dailydrool] Tacking of the Stomach

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 15:00:04 PDT 2009

I've only had my girls' tummy tacked while they were being spayed, so I
don't know what it would be like operating just to do that...but I think
it's one of the best things I've done.

They can still bloat, but the tummy can't turn over --- much better chance
of surviving.

Lilie's vet was a very experienced emergency vet and she was the one who
recommended it as a matter of course.  She'd lost too many deep chested dogs
who died because the tummy turned and tissue began to die.

When Daffodil was spayed, it was at a different vet but they did it when I
asked them to do it.  You could tell that they weren't used to it, but maybe
it made them think.

Good luck.  Considering what goes into his mouth...it might be a good idea.
Who knows what will go in and begin to ferment?

Katie, Lilie and Daffodil.