[Dailydrool] OTIS!!

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 08:47:05 PST 2009

  Otis has had his recheck visit, as he is now a week out from his
shunt surgery.
His eye pressures are UNDER 4!!! (This is incredibly wonderful news).
The eyebrow incision healed well, so has his cornea; no more collar!!
We will continue the anti-inflammatory drops for quite a while. But
they do not cost much or cause trouble; and Otis is good enough about
it.
The vet said Otis is through a very tough period, and he could not be
happier. We all HUGGED! - surgeon, vet tech, Otis, and me.
Finally, something is going right. We are not out of the woods, as
there remains risk of clogging and (for awhile) rejection of the shunt.
But for now, he is at last a success story; and Otis can see AND be
pain-free.
Thank you so much for the drool. The support you offered helped me a
lot. The droolers who wrote to us are really special.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly (BOTH frolicking and happy)