[Dailydrool] research

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 17:12:01 PST 2009

without going into the long story, i recently retired from the
entertainment business.  i have been in that business for close to 30  years, in NYC,
where i had my business and LA where i had lots of  business.  all my life
people have asked me, "which actor have you met that  impressed you most?"
and i always answer,
"actors don't impress me.  the most i've ever been in awe is when i  sat
next to Dr. Jonas Salk at a dinner in NYC".  i grew up in the 50s and a
classmate of mine contracted polio and went from a perfect little girl to a girl
who never walked again.  she had braces on her legs and used arm braces to
basically drag herself around.  35 years later, to actually sit next to and
 converse with the man who found the polio cure was to me, the biggest
thrill  i've ever had, and not to brag, i've had quite a few.
so, we do need research and need patients for that research.  and i  pray
to doG that my Gus never needs to be one.
susan, loving slave to gus