[Dailydrool] suspended Christmas trees

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 14:15:34 PST 2009

Jane's post reminded me of a story from our past. When my husband was a toddler, one of three, his family did used to (is that grammatical?) hang their Christmas trees from the ceiling, upside down. His dad put a big hook there, then used it as a pulley, tied a rope around the bottom of the tree, and hoisted it up upside down. The family used all their usual decorations. The tree, now looking like a well lit evergreen ice cream cone, hung  suspended with about four feet of air between its point and the floor. I suspect to  basset-proof in this fashion, one would need a very high ceiling and about 6 feet of clearance at the bottom.