[Dailydrool] Pet insurance

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Fri Dec 4 01:19:08 PST 2009

I would normally quite agree with Cathy about putting a little money away eacy month for emergencies instead of buying expensive pet insurance.

However, it seems Rolph is that one dog in 1,000 who this won't work for. So far I have been paying about 130GBP a year for his insurance and have claimed at least 600GBP each year. Each time I have claimed, that illness or injury becomes subject to an exclusion (ie I can't claim for it again). The 'better' insurance would have cost me 360GBP per year (still quids in on his history so far) and never add exclusions (although his existing ones would still stand).

 I am terrified I could lose my boy to an illness or accident and while I would dig deep to do what I could for him, I am a single mum on a budget, who has been watching her colleagues being made redundant left , right and centre. I would feel easier knowing he was covered, I love that boy too much.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK