[Dailydrool] Stanley's birthday

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Fri Dec 4 09:19:53 PST 2009

My big smushy red and white baby-boy Stanley turned 10 years old on Dec. 3.  I got him before I heard of rescue from a great lady who bred bassets (what most of you would call a back-yard breeder) and who loved and cared for all her dogs.

Stanley has led a pretty pampered life, all ten years, but when his soul-mate (and mine) Stella died it left him as the only dog in the house.  We thought it would be great.  We lavished all the love and attention on Stanley, but he was not happy.  Very depressed.  Sad, sad boy.  And that's when Stella spoke to me from the Rainbow Bridge and told me about rescue.   And then the foster mom of the first rescue we adopted told me about the Drool.  That was a little over two years ago.

Last night the DH and I were talking about Stanley.  We agreed that he is healthier now than he was two years ago at the age of 8.  I attribute that to two things:  more friends to hang out with, and the Drool.  I have learned so much about basset hounds and their proper care and nutrition from reading my Drool every day.  And I think because of this great group of people I will be able to learn more and keep all my hounds (4 plus 1 foster, but who's counting) healthy and happy for a long, long time.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Foster Ms. Olivia, J. D. (ATB), Stella (ATB), Begonia (ATB)