[Dailydrool] Otis's eyes

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Fri Dec 4 08:52:22 PST 2009

Otis is in day 4 of his recovery from the shunt surgery to save vision
in his remaining eye.
He seems to be doing better, less redness and not so many pain meds
needed now. I am still worried. The gentamicin injection repeated on
his blind eye to kill off the pressure-producing fluid cells seems to
be failing AGAIN. His eye is clouding up again. According to the
surgeon, he has never heard of a double failure. I am sick over this.
Thousands of dollars, doing everything you possibly can for your baby,
and still I am not sure he is pain free.
Otis goes back Tuesday for a postop visit. They will take pressures,
look at the shunt, etc.

Still, Otis gets up and wags his tail about. Even tho he detests that
E-collar, he knows how to make use of it to be evil and funny in true
OEBE style. He uses it to scoop and fling mulch at Nelly outside; he
raises blankets on the bed to climb under the covers. He is still my
smooshy boy who just needs some more healing drool.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly (I'm doing okay at least!)