[Dailydrool] Pet insurance - VPI?

Vikki Kiehl vkiehl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:23:28 PST 2009

I'm looking into pet insurance, so this topic is of interest right now.  I
have to disagree with pets not having medical problems until middle age.  My
Hal just had over $2000 worth of medical bills in the last month to remove a
foreign body from his eye.  He also goes to the vet every other week for
acupuncture for his allergies (so he can keep his hair & not itch!).  To the
best of my knowledge he's 2yrs old.
I've been looking at VPI.  They will insure all 3 my hounds for $83/mo for
major medical.  Does anyone have any good/bad knowledge about them?