[Dailydrool] Results of Louie's biopsy

Carol Macleod macleod at tcnj.edu
Sat Dec 5 20:03:38 PST 2009

We were told the same thing with Honey...hers is skin cancer...we went to another vet and got the same story...except the radiation was going to be $4,000...someone recommended the book Natural Dog by Dr Khalsa's - it does talk about flax seed oil, cottage cheese and other natural sources that help the immune system...I ordered it on amazon.con for only $14..got it in two days..and it has a lot of good advice....it also said that it is not a cure...and you may have to treat the dog....Honey's biopsy was sent out this week for further tests...she is a low 2 on the scale of 1 - 3 cancer and the new vet said this test would better tell her if Honey needed to be treated or just monitored.....The new biopsy cost $230, and we thought it would ease our mind....this one will take 2 weeks to hear...so it might be the same one you had done...the first one we got back in 2days it is said that the tumor was too deep to get out all of the cells and they were changing at a slow rate......We sent out our first claim to our insurance company...Pets Best...and we were told they would be paying 80% of her bills......but that does not mean I am going for radiation or chemo....we are giving Honey a high protein diet along with the fax seed oil and a good multi vitamin...will let you know how things turn out....TO day we decorated for the holidays and I took lots of pictures of Honey...will post them as soon as I figure out how!   She is beautiful....oh yeh .....I took pictures of her on her new bed!   I new throw I put on her favorite chair....Decided she best likes her chair...and we need not spend money on things that we just do not need right now....anyway....I do love having them surround me!
I hope all works out with Louie...and if you feel like we did....it just is hard when no one knows exactly what you should do.....and you want to do what is right....get the book it has lots of good recipes!
Carol Honey Leroy and crazy cat Tyler