[Dailydrool] Results of Louie's biopsy

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 4 16:32:26 PST 2009

Well our vet called us back this evening and said the results were what she expected.  It is a tumor but it is contained.  It is called Hemangio Peri Cytoma.  She will be talking directly with the pathologist on Monday.  They faxed the results to her today.  She said there are several ways we could go.  One is surgery but it almost always grows back.  The other is radiation(cost about $6,000) and he would have to be away from us for 4 weeks.   Plus it doesn't guarantee it wouldn't come back.   He could never handle that because he gets separation anxiety if we go away for a few days and he loves the pet sitter.
My husband is a research librarian and he found a site with a letter to a vet and the natural way they handled the tumor on their German Shepard.  The dog had it on the top of his leg which is where Louie's is.  They gave him Barleans Flax Seed oil(organic)mixed with 1% cottage cheese three times a day.  How much flax seed is determined by the weight of the dog.  If anyone wants to read it this is the link:  http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/amailbag3.htm  Bottom line is the tumor started going away within 3 weeks and he is doing wonderful now.

We could use lots of prayer and drool for Louie.  We made it through Angelo's Pancreatitis(and he was so sick)but we kept praying.  Now another challenge with Louie and my mom being so ill with last stages of Alzheimer's.  We will make it, we have been through a lot and we are still standing.  Louie and Angelo give us great joy.

We love our boys, they are our furkids
Thanks for the prayers and Drool
Saralyn, mama to Angelo Giani and Luigi Leonardo(Louie)