[Dailydrool] Dickens, VPI, and Howliday List

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 20:32:05 PST 2009

Synthia - Dickens looks adorable. I'm so glad he has a home now and can get some weight on. I'm very excited to see the next round of pictures

As for VPI insurance I was insuranced under them once for accident and basic vet care. I didn't care much for the cost and the amount that was reimbursed to me. It was highest costing plan and I still ended up paying a lot out of pocket. That said, they might be worthwhile just for the accident insurance. Keep in mind though they don't cover things that they consider breed specific illness or accidents/disease that were previously experienced. Which means if your hound suffered from bloat next year he won't be covered for that as it is a pre-existing condition. (this is true for many pet insurances) As I said before my very good friend works for the company, she does say some very good things about VPI and believes in it whole-heartedly, but it's simply not the coverage I'm looking for. If you haven't yet I'd recommend going to http://www.petinsurancereview.com/ before you make any final decisions.

Howliday Cards - we received ours today and the momslabe has forgotten to put her card card in. Oh I'm in hot water now. We too plan to drag it out a little and send a few cards at a time. It's a lot funner to recieve a new card everyday then to get all at once. ITs like opening a present everyday. Can't wait to see this years batch!

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo