[Dailydrool] An important Montana Update.

Leslie Ames bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:38:19 PST 2009

Dec. Bugle Notes very graciously contains our name and
address...thankyou Riche...needed to alert you all to our website listed
there, too.   not a tripod, but www.bassetrescueofmontana.org.    and
email is bassetrescuemt at gmail.com.....
Also, wanted you all to know we are doing ok with the below ZERO
temps...the shelter is full of doggies...2 new young boys..one is around
9-10month old (Flynn)  and Dudley DoRight(named by donna owens, our
V..P.)is around 1-3 years of age. I try hard to come close with ages but
sometimes it throws me off.   After hearing that they would be without
food, water, or shelter up in the mountains north of Kalispell, well,
....had to take them.    They are  so so sweet and  they get along with
everyone./ Thankyu to everyone who is helping keeping all the dogs warm
by bidding on the HB!!/ Without all of you and all the basset supporters
everywhere and our Montana Gurls.........(I''m da grandma)  and all what
Cookie does to help keep the shelter warm and  in operating
mode......well....THANKYOU ALL.....
My health is holding.......i stay vertical which is a good
sign......lol  .....new rescue flyers being made by a wonderful
volunteer in  Penn. , brought our Foster Dog home to me,
Freckles...cause after 8 months...he so needs to have his own home and i
think he needs to be shown more to increase his chances here in Mt.
SO: with his newly made vest by Donna Owens..saying...Adopt Me
Please..etc and on the other side our phone, website and another sweet
plea to adoption...we attended the Frenchtown Craft Fair at the high
school and boy did he get pets, and loves, and got acquainted with lots
of people which he needed.     Then yesterday,  with bells on his
red/green collar and vest...we went to 3 conval. hospitals and walked
about......also, at one the Salvation Army Choir was there and they went
google eyes over Freckles.   WE also gave out our cards so anyone
interested in adoption could easily contact us.  We will continue to
show him as often as I can. AT least weekly!!
Now that it is below Freezing....just too dang cold to go out....so we
all are snuggling in this cabin...Freckles enjoys one end of the couch,
me in the center, with many bassets spread out all around right in front
of our propane heater plus bassets in the shelter, too..We alternate and
switch alot so all dogs here get couch time.
Due to the weather, I go out hourly to the shelter because the doors to
their suites...from the individual runs...have to be SHUT TIGHT....in
one suite this morning at 4am their water bowl was frozen.   /this is a
good indication that i need to take more measures in keeping everyone
warm.  YIKES. ...iF  /OUR PIPES FREEZE..WE WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE.
filling water jugs ...more than normal.  Well, the rest of you also
around the country are freezing, too.    My blessings go out to all of
you to keep warm, healthy, and active.  ALL OF YOU WHO RESCUE AND CARE
AND HELP ARE MY HEROS.   thankyou.
thankyou to donna owens for her donation of new basset coats /for every
basset here./
--
Leslie Ames
President/Shelter Manager