[Dailydrool] walking the herd

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Mon Dec 7 09:31:42 PST 2009

normally i walk buster (45 lbs) copper (53) sofalofa the berner (130) and lately a foster (guessing 45 or so) and another house guest (ranging from 12 to 90 depending on who is staying)...

me i traditionally use the one handed leashes  management method.  i tried couplers and unless they are hiking alone my guys don't do well with them (and on a really long lead).  and with the various sizes it just seems better to have everyone on the 6' lead bunched together in 1 pack.

that said...i am short.  and fat.  and strong.  i am physics in action (the havier an object and lower the center of gravity the more stable it is).  also i am without a doubt the pack leader.  they all know that.  anyone pulls or acts up we all turn around go back to the van and go home.  no park.  period.  they learn pretty quick that i don't tolerate nonsense when we wlk...can't with that amount of doggage...

people always make comments about us coming into the park...especially since buster feels the need to start announcing himself to the crowd as soon as he gets out of the van...

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Bertrand Russell