[Dailydrool] Dog walking

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 8 10:03:26 PST 2009

That's US, that's US!!!  Ask your husband if cars slow down and the people
point at him and laugh?  We also provide entertainment for the whole huge
neighborhood, and it takes us between 45 minutes and an hour to go Around
The Block -- The Neighborhood Clowns!!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net

Subject: [Dailydrool] Dog walking

When I'm away during the week (ending soon with retirement coming), my
husband walks the 3 bassets, using 3 25 foot flexi  leashes.  It's quite a
sight.  Gallagher is the official squirrel inspector and races to every
squirrel he sees.  At 18 months, he's either running, trotting or sitting.
Poppy, somewhere between 8 & 9 years old, isn't swift of feet in the
morning.  She doesn't want to miss a walk, but likes to go at her own basset
speed.  MacKenzie can't quite make up her mind.  Follow Gallagher or hang
with Poppy.  It takes roughly 1 1/2 hours to go about a mile.  If they see a
tree, you can bet that they will go on different sides.

As they near the house, it's wrestling time.  Gallagher knocks MacKenzie
over and Poppy starts barking up a storm to get into it.  How he keeps the 3
leashes from a total "braid" is beyond me.  Stopping 3 leashes at once with
only 2 thumbs, is a miracle.  When I'm home, I typically take Poppy and we
swap MacKenzie back and forth, depending on her mood.  Having just moved in
less than 3 months ago, the dogs have ensured that we've met the entire
neighborhood.  They've become quite a hit!