[Dailydrool] Bassets Grumbling in the Cold and the Heat

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 8 13:50:55 PST 2009

Nancy, I know only too well what you mean.  Morse sits directly in front of the wood burner, and grumbles at it if it isnt lit quickly enough.  Pumbaa ATB, on the other hand, detested the heating on, even in the depths of winter, and would start shaking his head if it got too warm, as his ears got too itchy.  We would then have to turn the heat off, open all the doors and cool him down, and sometimes I would have to walk him at whatever hour of the night it was to get his temperature down.  He would finally be comfortable, and by that time we would be turning blue with cold.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB