[Dailydrool] Bassets Grumbling in the Cold and the Heat

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 02:14:46 PST 2009

My gang are grumbing with the cold as well.  While I know that it is
not as cold here in Northern California as many places to the east
of us...it is still cold.  Trips to the backyard are very short these past
few days.  We are setting at 30 degrees right now and I know it is
only going to get colder before daylight hits.

The gang have been trying to see who can get closest to the
woodstove without burning themselves this past week.  Bazzle
is faking the girls out with the "someone is in the yard" arhooing
just to get the best place.  Bazzle, Sadie Maye and Abby Gale
no longer sleep in the bedroom as they have deemed it too cold f
or their delicate souls.  (I hear that there is a conspiracy to sell the
house and move to the islands.)  Nelly Belle has been the best at
keeping me at slave woodstove duties.  She has made it her mission t
o wake me up a couple of times during the "short" night's sleep to
insure that her stove is roaring.  It took my sleep deprived brain a
few times to figure out what she wanted.  Here I was thinking that
she needed to go potty in the middle of the night only to find that
she went only as far as the living room.  She would then come back
to the bedroom door and start bellowing at me to get up.  At some point
I was  thinking that someone had come into the house and was trying
to do her in by the way she was carrying on.  She also ahroos at me
to let me know that she has lost her blankie and I need to forgo my
sleep, be a good slave and  promptly cover her up.   Oh how quickly
they become spoiled and how well trained I became.

We hope that all our friends to the east are staying warm and safe.
I do wish some of the water in these storms had stayed here instead
of traveled your way.

We are sending drool to all in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang
(we packin fur da tropics...it too freezzzzin here.)