[Dailydrool] Escape artist redux

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Dec 9 07:19:36 PST 2009

When I sent this message last time, I forgot that I needed to use Outlook
Express for the Drool to read it. Since I know many folks (like me) cannot
read the HTML format without going into the archives, here the post is
again, hopefully in a readable format.

I am still over a week behind on the Drools, but I still had to ask the
advice of those who have escape artists.

Jane, Bel and Abner have a new cousin, Pixie. She is a springer spaniel who
lives in Cornwall with my nephew and his mom and stepfather. Seems that
Pixie, who is six months old, is an escape artist. They have currently
gotten her a doghouse and a chain.

Naturally I was not thrilled to hear about the chain. I know they can be
dangerous for dogs, both physically and emotionally, so I warned them about
those things. I also told them that I would check with the Drool to see if
there was any advice on this subject.

They have just rebuilt the fence to try to keep her in--sorry, I don't know
the fence details at this point.

Any advice/wisdom that I can pass along?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who, thankfully, have never done
much escaping, except for the times....