[Dailydrool] Young Military Children need Drool

Kerrie.Kerns kerrie at pminet.com
Thu Dec 10 07:47:12 PST 2009

Dear Droolers,

I should have put them on the Heroes List. I have 3 grandchildren
(ages 8, 7 and 2) that are sending Daddy off to war again in January.
For the 5th (or 6th) time. Daddy is an Army Ranger turned Warrant
Officer and he flies Bell 58 Kiowa helicopters. We don't think of the
sacrifices made by the children when we send one or both parents of
to war repeatedly. This was made clear yesterday when Daddy was
packing to leave (on a brief training mission) and the kids went
bezerk. Bawling, sobbing, wailing-it was their last straw. They just
got moved to a 3rd duty station 2 months ago and are still
transitioning to everything being new again, throw in Daddy leaving
for another year and they snapped.

The kids love basset hounds (baskethounds are what they called them
when they were babies). They learned to toddle and walk beside my
hounds and spent many hours napping or kneading velvet skin, fondling
silk ears. One hound would run up the slide to get into the treehouse
with the kids (scaring the hell out me!).

If y'all have an extra Christmas card left over, please send the
grandkids a basketound card. It would make them so happy and we will
get them through another tour.

Thanks so much.

Kerrie ~

HoneyBelle ~ I wish I lived closer to cover them in kisses
Ruby ~ I will keep the squirrels away from them.

Kaylynn, James & Orion Monday
1906-1 Watie St.
Fort Riley, KS  66442