[Dailydrool] anal gland question and drool

Georgia Powers georgiapowers at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 11:21:09 PST 2009

First, we send tons of comforting drool to all those that have lost
beloved hounds recently. Everyone on this board knows the pain of
losing a beloved pet. I have a question for more seasoned basset
owners, as my previous dog never had an anal gland issue once in her
14 years of life. I'm just wondering if it's unusual for Eugene to
have had a ruptured anal gland about 10 days after he had them
expressed at the vet's.   I just want to know if that's within the
realm of what's can be expected, or if the vet did something wrong or
didn't pick up on  an issue that was developing with his glands.
Thanks. Georgia and Eugene