[Dailydrool] Question/opinions on Muttluks, styles

Jaclyn Chancey jaclyn.chancey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:39:27 PST 2009

There are so many bassets and slaves hurt, sick, and leaving us lately. I
know that for many people (my own family included) this time of year can be
at once both joyous and heartbreaking. I wish for everyone to have people or
pets that they can hug frequently in both happiness and sadness. At least it
helps for me.

On a more mundane note, some of you might remember that I moved from Alabama
to Connecticut this summer. As a life-long southerner, dealing with this
much cold and *real snow* is a new thing! Things I have learned: Abbie is
not a huge fan of snow, although she might like going for walks in it. Josh
loves to play in the snow, but then again, Josh plays all the time anyway.
Abbie likes (or at least doesn't mind) her new corduroy coat. Josh freezes
in place and looks very downcast when we put his on.

New task: Protecting doggy feet for the next 3(?) months, but on a grad
student budget. I don't want to buy two sets of all-weather Muttluks if they
won't wear them, and I don't want to waste money on the cheaper "Hot
Doggers" Muttluks if they won't do much good. Should I just get a good foot
protectant instead? Abbie and Josh are inside dogs, but I expect they're not
going to want to go without some decent long walks at some point during the
winter, and they do have a little yard to play in as well.

Thoughts and advice--or just more funny bassets in snow stories--greatly
appreciated!

Jaclyn, Abbie, & Josh