[Dailydrool] Our first leg lift

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 06:22:02 PST 2009

Even though I have been completely consumed with caring for Cassie as she heals from exploratory surgery, I have to finally share a Shroeder story.

My boy finally, after 2 1/2 years, lifted his leg to pee on a bush while I was out with Cassie one night.
My first thought was holy crap is he really doing what I think he is or is that figment of my imagination.
I think I had a proud mama moment... hahah.

He has always done what I call the sprint stretch with a slightly raised back paw, but never a full lift.  HAHA.

Does this happen with age?  Schroeder is my first male, so I'm not sure if this is a fluke or what!