[Dailydrool] A poem for those who left for the bridge

Saralyn Stabile Seiler saralyn777 at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 12 12:25:33 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,
  I have been so sad to hear of all the houndies lately going to the bridge.  I posted this poem on the drool quite a few years ago when I lost my Vito to kidney failure.  He was only 4.
Here it is again for the houndies and their families.

Ode to Vito

I shall see beauty
but none to match your living grace
I shall hear music
but none as sweet as the droning song
with which you loved me
I shall fill my days
But I shall not, cannot forget
My bed is so empty now
Sleep soft dear friend,
Until we meet again
never to part
we will romp together in heaven
And we will look into the face of God together
Until then you will be forever in my heart, my sweet love

God Bless all of you,
Saralyn momma to Angelo and Louie  and those ATB waiting, Alfie, Henry, Vito, Mikey and the King.....Vinnie