[Dailydrool] Whoever said bassets were dumb...

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 18:30:55 PST 2009

I live in New Jersey, and it's been COLD the past few days!  Perfect time for my heat pump to break!  I realized that something was wrong on Thursday night when, despite the thermostat saying that the heat was on, it was only about 63 degrees in the house.  I spent the night on the pull-out couch with Fred and Annie to keep warm...when we got up in the morning, it was a balmy 58 degrees in the living room!  The repairmen came yesterday and at first thought it was just that my thermostat was bad...of course not!  That would've been too easy (and too cheap!)  I need a new heat pump, but an older model that has to be ordered and won't be in until next week.  While I was at work, my dad went out and bought me a bunch of space heaters.  When I'm sitting on the couch, I put a small one on the coffee table.  The best spot on the couch (as far as warmth is concerned) is the middle. That's where I usually sit, until Annie pushes me out of the way.  Well, for the past two nights, Fred has plopped himself right in the middle, in front of the heater, and gone to sleep, nice and toasty warm!  I'm sorry, but of the three of us, aren't I the only one not covered in fur???

Rose (SO thankful that it will be in the 40's tomorrow!), Annie (there are these scary things making noise and blowing out hot air) and Fred (can we keep this thing, even when the heat is fixed??)