[Dailydrool] Gus's steal

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 06:51:11 PST 2009

let me start by saying that since he came to me on October 1, he's never snared one thing despite his counter-surfing.  until sunday.  i had just taken out a stick of butter from the fridge and heard some rustling.  i turned to see one half the stick hanging out of his mouth, the other half in his mouth.  i snapped off the half i could see and started to cajole him into giving me the other half.  no luck.  i tried bribing him with his favorite treat, no luck.  all the while he is staring at me with the other half bulging his out his cheek, looking at me, with the "i don't have anything in my mouth, what's all the fuss about?" look.  at last he dropped it and started licking , and i snatched it away.  i was petrified it might be on a "bad foods" list.
now i might be cursing myself, but i have to admit, it was fun to see his mischevious side come out.