[Dailydrool] Blood boiling

Candray, Nancy M. Nancy.Candray at boe.ca.gov
Mon Dec 14 16:30:23 PST 2009

I just had a co-work come by. He has often stopped and looked at my
Howliday cards that I have posted up on my cube. He is an older guy, a
war vet. Don't know much of his history really. He has stopped by my
cube before to see my screen saver pictures of Speedy other things. Well
today he rolls on by calls me "the crazy dog lady" then ask what am I
going to do when I have kids.

Huh? I answer that's not happening any time soon.

Then he says "well you are going to have to get rid of the dogs. Kids
develop allergies with animals." WHAT?!?!?!?! SERIOUSLY!!!!!! WHY IN THE
WORLD WOULD SOMEONE SAY THAT?!?!?!?!?! It's stupid people with that
mentality that set me off. It's not like I'm asking him to live with my
future children and my pets. Geez, this is what lands so many pets at
shelters unloved. Which brings me to my next point - he knew I am
volunteer at an animal shelter.  WHY WOULD YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE
THAT.?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I somehow managed to polite answer that there are studies that show kids
with animals have less allergies. To which he responded "well I had rats
when my kids where little and they developed asthma"  I swear this guy
wanted me to beat the crap out of him today. Despite this I still
managed to keep my head straight and reply "well they'll just have to
live with it" and turned my back to go back to work.

My head is spinning and I feel a migraine coming out. Stupid people.

Sorry I'm just soooooooo mad right now.

Nancy Candray

State Board of Equalization

Irvine District Office

E-file now, find out how....www.boe.ca.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information.  It is solely for
the use of the intended recipient(s).  Unauthorized interception,
review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the communication.