[Dailydrool] Thank You/Hank

Volger, Melissa mvolger at newhall.k12.ca.us
Mon Dec 14 13:36:24 PST 2009

First of all I want to thank all of you who sent us condolence messages
and cards after we lost our Basil.  I am saving each one to place in a
memory book that I am making.  I can't tell you how touched Brian and I
were to receive such an outpouring of love and support.  We sat at the
computer reading all the notes and bawling like babies.    We heard
stories similar to ours and realized that we were not alone.  I am so
glad that I came upon the Daily Drool way back when I first became a
slave!

On a happy note, we paid a visit to the fabulous Dawn of the West at
Daphneyland on Saturday.  After careful consideration (roughly 5 minutes
before Brian exclaimed "I LOVE Him")  it was decided that we would
foster a skinny but very handsome young man named "Hank".  He is a kind
and gentle little guy with an enormous smooshy head and paws the size of
catcher's mitts.  He is getting used to us and his new sister Lucy and
seems to be happy in his new digs.   More to come...

Love from,

Melissa
Slave to Basil (ATB), Lucy, & new foster Hank